Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Shinkansen Delay









While getting my rail pass, I was informed there was an accident and the trains weren't running. As I struggled to understand the always helpful service people, I gradually realized no one really knew what was happening. Suddenly it was a news story, the delay grew on and businessmen grew distressed. Two hours passed before the Shinkansen started moving again. I managed to get a seat next to a businessman who showed the great propensity of the Japanese for immediate train sleep. Fortunately his meeting wasn't too far along the route...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kooky uncle mark!! i love this picture of the man on the subway. it reminds me of a project chris and i had to do for our photo class a little while back. i loved reading about your trip. Japan looks amazing.i also liked the pictures of all the little kids at the carnival ((?) i think thats were they where)your pics are great, cant wait to see more! luv you and hope to see you soon!
danielle

Anonymous said...

thanks, Danielle....! Glad you liked them and hope to see you soon too!